Monday, May 24, 2010

The (mostly) Finished Product

Are you all tired of my laundry room yet?

(remember this and this?)
Good, because I'm not either.

(you did say "no" right?)

Anyway, I wanted to add a few more finishing touches (and have a few more to add later like a towel bar, but I will spare you all of those details!)

I started with a old frame and an old white board.  One was gold, one was white.  Neither color worked for me.  So, I sprayed them a fun turquoise-ish color, sanded them a bit and added some dark wood stain to age them a bit. 

Before:


After:



and



Then I made a skirt!

Before:


After:



But, my MOST favorite project, was making little chalkboards to lable my laundry baskets.
I found these little chipboard squares at a local scrappbooking store in their clearance section.
They are actually suppose to be put together and made into a book, so they already had holes in them.

I sprayed them with a couple coats of chalkboard paint.
Tied them onto my baskets with jute.



Wrote the name of the basket contents and
AMAZING!
Sassy and my hubby are putting their dirty clothes in the correct locations! 


  

I was so excited that I found some regular cardboard, cut it into rectangles, painted them and attached them to some smaller baskets above. 

Oh I love my organized and bright laundry/mud room!



 




10 comments:

Leanne said...

It looks so great and very cheerful. I'm having We're Organized Wednesday link party this week. I would love for you to join if you could. There's a giveaway too. Hope to see you there.

Rustown Mom said...

I love those little signs with jute! And I LOVE organization!

Nancy said...

That skirt on the sink is so stinkin cute. I would hang out in there and just admire my craftsmanship if I were you! :)

René said...

All of your projects turned out great!

Katie said...

I love the idea of label for the baskets out of chalkboard! Great idea!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yay! You did the photo! I knew it would look great in there :) Love it!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Wonderful job! Isn't it amazing how bright colors can make such a dreary place come to life? Congrats on the new look!

the treat girl said...

OHHHHH!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to make a skirt for my laundry tub FOR.EVER!! Gotta hop on that!!

Beth said...

Aren't chalkboard labels the best? Your laundry room looks great and I love what you did with your laundry sink!

Melissa said...

How fun! I am stopping by from A to z. I love the labels and I LOVE the mirror and white board. They turned out great. I know this sounds funny, but I LOVE the picture of the laundry mat. When I was little our washer went out and we had to go to the laundry mat. My mom would make this our special time. I still to this day love the smell of laundry.